Thursday, May 5, 2016

#12 The Luck Check Issue

I've been thinking about the next issue. Luck checks. It'l1l be a zine full of Luck checks. Any, all, you-name-it. One of the vaguest rules in DCC RPG is the Luck check. Some call for DCs. Some roll under (the official rules allude to this, kinda...) Some do a bit of both. When I edit the official modules and adventures, I typically ditch the DC, and let the judge decide (publisher and authors haven't revolted yet.) I think we should ditch both, and use tables! A table for "Rolling over the body", and a table for "What's in the barrel", etc. A table for... Heck, a general "Who..." table. Any Luck based checks. I want to dig up modules, and find all the Luck checks, and create a custom table for it.

Got an idea? Submit it! The possibilities!...

And, how about this? For now on, all Luck checks in DCC RPG should be table based.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm that's a great idea Dak...The luck table for Roll the Body would be right along the lines of my It's only a flesh wound from GFA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I really liked your article in GFA#6!

      Delete
  2. Dies this mean Body Recovery in DCC (http://myotherswordisvorpal.blogspot.com/2013/07/body-recovery-in-dcc.html) could be submitted?

    ReplyDelete